Thursday, December 7, 2006

Lobsters and Hurricanes


Wednesday night was spent anchored in Anegada, as all of mooring balls were taken. The dinner consisted of rice, beans bread and the BIGGEST LOBSTERS I've ever seen. OK, so dinner also included a few cocktails and wine.

Thursday morning, we woke up to another rainbow - unbelievable. We headed out with Bill piloting the boat. The dark clouds ahead would have intimidated most..........but not Bill. He broke the 1st Annual Sunburned, Drunk and Happy Trip speed record at 11.5 knots (sorry Mike).

Back to the storm.................. a full fledged Category 0.23 Hurricane hit us head on, but Bill never backed off. The two yahoos from Irmo rode out the storm on the front of the boat while drinking a beer and yelling Arrgh at the top of their lungs. It was nature's way of powerwashing the Mike's - and they needed it.

We're pulling in to have a cocktail to celebrate our bravery and accomplishment............will report more later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill: Weigh in day was Wednesday.
We need you to email your
weight in to us. Judging
from your pictures it looks
as though you may be
putting on a few pounds.
We all are sure enjoying
our vacation while you are
gone. LA,LV & Buffy

Anonymous said...

Ken...I see you have some other pirates sailing with you. I could share some of my pirate jokes!:-)Sounds like you are having a blast. Are you getting the others ready for the Bushwackers????

Jennifer Bickett

Anonymous said...

.23? Wow that was a doozy! I think I saw it on the news tonight. You boys be careful!
Emma

Anonymous said...

No fears Mr. Gregory -- there are no calories on vacation. It's a known rule.
Patrick says congrats and (I'M SAILING!!!!!)

-Casey